One Line Art

LI: To create a piece of art using only one line.

For this Summer Learning Journey task, we were asked to create a one line art. One Line art is an artpiece using one line.

For this task, we needed to use the line tool on Google Drawing to create this masterpiece. We either chose to draw digitally or freehand it on a piece of paper.  I chose to do it online and drew a leave of a plant.

4 thoughts on “One Line Art

1. Kia ora David,

This is another cool design you have made. Is designing a passion of yours? I feel like the answer is yes! The backdrop for your design is very cool! It is presented so well! I like how your one-line drawing is sitting in the middle of the light green part of your backdrop. What made you choose a leaf to draw?

Tino pai! 😀

Ngā mihi,
    Simon (SLJ)

2. Mingalabar Simon,
    Thanks again for the kind feedback, Yes, designing is one of my passions that i’d like to do when bored. The reason why I picked a leaf is because it seemed a bit easier to do than the other ones which are a bit more complicated and complex.

What other designs are simple like this one if we had to do this task again?

1. Hi David,
      You’re welcome! Your design work is pretty incredible.
      Art is a good boredom buster, but hopefully you do it mostly for enjoyment 😀 A leaf shape is still quite complex, I think. Some leaves are quite intricate, so you could probably trial drawing different types of leaves with just one line? Maybe a feather could be quite a challenge with just one line, because feathers have such fine detail within its shape.

1. Kia Ora Simon,
        Yes, indeed I enjoy doing art when bored or even for pleasure. Thanks for the suggestion, I might probably do that next time. What do you think might be the complicated one line art art piece?